These pancakes are great: simple and quick to make; have over two portions of your five a day; a good protein hit and can be jazzed up with pretty much anything from yoghurt and nuts to fruit compote and chocolate
- 200g Bananas (the riper the better)
- ½ scoop chocolate protein powder.If you’re tracking calories, check the specific calorific content of the powder you use as this may affect the overall calories
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
Serves 1. Makes 10-12 pancakes. 343 calories (depending on the calories of the protein powder). A whopping 24g protein.
- Mash the banana together with the protein powder. Just use a fork and don’t make it too smooth so you get some nice sweet lumps of banana in each mouthful. Whisk in the eggs and the baking powder and mix until it is all combined.
- Heat some oil (if you’re really counting calories use a 1 calorie spray and log how many squirts) in a pan – I use two pans so I can eat them a bit sooner!
- Use a dessert spoon to spoon the mixture into the pan and heat until the pancakes are just cooked enough to flip with a spatula. (the mixture will have little holes in it and you will be able to flip them without making too much of a mess).
- Cook on the other side for another minute or so until they have puffed up a little. They do burn quite quickly but I think they still taste nice a little singed!
You can top them with anything you like from yoghurt and blueberries (my favourite) to grated dark chocolate and peanut butter.